Horn Machine Tools’ (Madera, CA) 3.0E-MS All Electric CNC Tube Bender is a multi-stack machine for tight radius applications or complex shapes. The system features 3 in. (80 mm) capacity and is 14-axis servo controlled.
The 3.0E-MS has an automatic setup without the need for tool pressure adjustments. The machine can be set up for draw bending and roll forming on the same tube by using push bending technology. The clamp, pressure die, and pressure die assist are servo driven as well as the mandrel, which includes early withdrawal and automatic lubrication. The 3.0E-MS handles 1xd tight radius bending on four stacks.
The system features BendPro CNC controls with full simulation capabilities. The Horn Machine Tools 3.0E is also available in single stack CNC and single bend styles.
The system features the following bending capacities:
- Non-ferrous tubing (yield to 25,000 PSI), 3 OD x 0.250 in. (76 x 6.3 mm)
- Steel tubing (yield to 40,000 PSI), 3 OD x 0.156 in. (76 x 3.5 mm)
- Stainless steel tubing (yield to 60,000 PSI), 3 OD x 0.083 in. (76 x 2.3 mm)
- Solid steel bar, 1.75 in. (45 mm)
- Square steel tube, 2 x 0.25 in. (50 x 5 mm)
- Rectangular tubing (easy plane), 1.5 x 3 x 0.148 in. (38 x 76 x 3.7 mm)
- Rectangular tubing (hard plane), 1.5 x 2.5 x 0.120 in. (38 x 63.5 x 3 mm)