Mazak Optonics Corp. (Elgin, IL) offers the FT-150 FIBER tube-cutting laser, designed for small- to medium-diameter tubes. Some of the advancements include:
- A proprietary agile U-Axis;
- A 2.5D cutting head with focus detection;
- A programmable-angle B-Axis, for bevel cutting of the material thickness that provides improved welding and multiple tube assembly;
- Extrusion tapping, utilizing a rotary spindle and eight tool positions;
- Spatter guards that protect the inner tube from cutting debris;
- Part sorting with dual belt conveyors; and
- A weld seam detection camera that orients with workpiece for proper geometry orientation.
The FT-150 FIBER is also equipped with auto-profiler calibration and nozzle cleaning. FX-TUBE, Mazak’s CAD/CAM software, enables time study and consumption cost data to be integrated into the customer ERP system. It also imports and edits 3D data. The control allows an operator to use a database viewer to see the machine’s cutting condition database.
For more information: https://www.mazakoptonics.com/machines/ft-150-fiber/